- Meet the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Far Cry Primal
- Ashes of the Singularity
- Synthetic benchmarks, power, and heat
- Bottom line
Hitman’s Glacier engine heavily favors AMD hardware—the game is, after all, a flagship AMD Gaming Evolved title—not that it matters here. That said, GeForce cards themselves hold their own. We test in both DirectX 11 and DirectX 12, with SSAO disabled.
The GTX 1080 Ti handily clears 60fps here as well, with an extra boost in DirectX 12. And look at that: Nvidia’s new champion delivers nearly 20 more frames per second than the GTX 1080. That’s good for a 25 percent increase over the GTX 1080 at 4K. Hot damn.
Next page: Rise of the Tomb Raider
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders EditionPCWorld Rating
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is the most powerful graphics card ever, capable of no-compromises 4K gaming. It's cheaper than expected, too.
- The most powerful graphics card ever released
- Can power no-compromises 4K gaming
- No hotter than vanilla GTX 1080 despite big performance boost
- DisplayPort-to-DVI adapter included in box
- Reference-style cooling isn't as efficient as custom coolers