- Meet the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Far Cry Primal
- Ashes of the Singularity
- Synthetic benchmarks, power, and heat
- Bottom line
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Whereas Hitman adores Radeon GPUs, Rise of the Tomb Raider is partial to GeForce cards. It’s also the single most drop-dead gorgeous PC game I’ve ever laid eyes on. We only test the game’s DirectX 11 mode as the performance benefits in the patched-in DX12 mode are negligible.
The GTX 1080 Ti is the only card to clear 60fps at 4K here, and by a healthy margin, too. It’s a whopping 30 percent faster than the GTX 1080 Founders Edition at that resolution.
Next page: Far Cry Primal
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders EditionPCWorld Rating
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is the most powerful graphics card ever, capable of no-compromises 4K gaming. It's cheaper than expected, too.
- The most powerful graphics card ever released
- Can power no-compromises 4K gaming
- No hotter than vanilla GTX 1080 despite big performance boost
- DisplayPort-to-DVI adapter included in box
- Reference-style cooling isn't as efficient as custom coolers